Thursday, January 24, 2008

A Natural Alcoholic

This would come as a surprise, No, for people who have seen me being a wuss when a drink was being offered in good spirit my confession would come as a downright shock...

But halt just one moment... I have a tale to recount. After which no would blame an innocent li'l boy like me and the things which occured last night...

A fellow reporter gets a transfer and a farewell party is arranged. Dear pRicky makes it the last. And is asked what drink he would like. Which He declines immediatly. It was a kind of denial which is stupid enough to think that it would be obliged.

As luck would have it. The boss over heard that pRicky has never had a drink. She felt obliged to sit pricky down and asked for a drink for him. Then an entire office and a boss on his side he was cheered into downing a rum ... Bottoms up! NOTE: This was his first glass of the drink.

pRicky is thinking. I am going to puke, get high start talking crazy, worse still I might be a weepy drunkard...

But the same horrified people who I mentioned above would now be even more shocked to know that not only did pRicky do a bottoms up but then all through the evening he was made to drink the aforementioned rum in every version possible. With coke, with water and to make things merrier... I had it neat as well.

Now, the most interesting bit about the evening. pRicky didnt puke, wasn't high nor did he lose coherance...
Which brings me to give pRicky the title of a natural alcoholic...

7 comments:

Pavitra said...

CONGRATS!
Drinking is funny business....you need to break into it to actually let go and feel ummmm 'happy' in the right sense of the word.
Also, it is very pssycological. You only get high if you want to, are in the right trusted company.
Ofcourse you should have atleast physiologically felt woozy but ummm maybe it has to do with you being giant category...
You need lots more alcohol! ;)
Looking forward to drinking with you!
Tho to be honest am a bit sad too! :)

D said...

laughs...welcome to the club...though I just indulge in social drinking and now try to keep myself limited to white wine...nevertheless rum is an all time fav, esp. in winters...looking forward to meet with you and of course drink with you :)

Anu said...

you are SO going to take me out for a drink buddy and I DO NOT MEAN COFFEE!!! OR chocolate!!!

by the way for the ppl who read this post and thought yaay pRicky, I got to talk to the hangover one :-) and like most of the times, late very very late bloomer!!! (welll.. almost!)

Crina Boros said...

have a drink on me: Cuba Libre or rum + coke + ice. Since you prooved nothing happens, have a 2nd drink on me: 2 shots of absynth. Before you bottoms up the poet's ambrosia, put some sugar on a teaspoon, wet it with a few drops of the green liquid, light it with a flame and estinguish it in the shot. Stir and cheers!
Let me know

Amandeep Singh said...

Wah!
Entered with the sytle..
:)

All the best!
Cheeeeeers!

Denae said...

Drinking is not that shocking nor that dangerous unless you lack self control. I think it can be a fun social activity but take it or leave it...have a good time nonetheless.

Sushmita Saha said...

hahhahaa I didnt know this!
I cant stop laughing!