Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Tribute to a lost suitcase which had no suit in it!!!

I am careless and I lose things. Actually now I construct situations because of which I lose things. Its been a few days now since I have been allowed in through the customs to the nation to which I boast as my own. Like I went and bought it or some such. But I feel the more you take something for granted the more you consider it your own. See I can give out statements which are quite utterly irrelevant to the entire scheme of what I intend to say in the first place. I mean I digress too much. But that's something I cant be helped with. You know we men get distracted quite quickly by the mobile beauty all around us.
While I dodge the brick bats and others, I shall continuing the heart wrenching tale of me having lost some of my oldest companions and some recent acquired and utterly delightful ones and some odd and ends moments which are now only in my head. No back ups.
SO if some social worker drunkard truck driver plowed me with the rear wheel of his pig transferring stinking sty of a truck before spitting on my soon to be crushed head then those companions and moments too would be evaporated. and the pity is I have no USB port installed into me or a DVD writer or bluetooth so I could transfer it. I cant even get a human compatible printer so I could get print outs so all in all they would slowly melt away na?
It really is torturous and tumultuous to remember the small messages which those companions had scribbled into them, they came with the associations you made with the people who became your family away from family. Those awards which you fought hard for. Those gifts which you begged for and those which came unexpected. But mostly the words written in by friends and authors who you considered your friends.
Those words I remember. Those words which I consider a complete mockery because they weren't true. Those words which displayed amusing associations. The books given to reassure by the people that they are around.
Signatures of all those with whom I was familiar with, some more than the others.
" Most promising speaker of the year"
" Come back fast. YOU owe me a question"
" From a person who you love to fight with"
" Don't be down. When you reach rock bottom you will find me there."
" Hope you enjoy this read"
" Many happy returns of the day"
" to the best bhaiya in the world"
There are some moments in your existence which stand starkly, frozen but not cold. There are books which you had but never read but would have someday. I know now I should have read all those I had. If I could have written an ode it would be to A dictionary, some books and two comics. All I do is smile with nostalgia of having them with me for comfort and having lost them with callousness.

8 comments:

Me Thinks.. said...

hmmm..interesting...This post was the easiest to read!

The best thing abt the whole deal is, like u said the nostalgia asscoiated with every person, those moments...

Whn will I have one of those, remains to be seen..

Pavitra said...

Beautiful...the thought in one smooth flow...I was wondering you wud post about this and you wrote the most beautiful ode.
I only wish...

Pavitra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pavitra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
~P~ said...

lucky those who u remember so fondly.....i'm sure u wud still be in d back of everyone's mind who u've ever met in ur life!! u're one hard to forget idiot!! beautiful read...i always like to read your thoughts on ppl!

Jupiter Iris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jupiter Iris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jupiter Iris said...

Reading this blog, i was glad to discover a sunnyer side of you. Pleasant encounter. Lucky thing that your words dry in front of your muse, otherwise how could you verse so arresting?
The candour you used to picture your sister made me think of my brother (who is alo 5 years older than me; mere tere sath)
I'll be your client for this blog. So don't censor the supplying of the product that convinced