Friday, September 21, 2007

London:


I wander through each chartered street,
Near where the chartered Thames does flow,
And mark in every face I meet,
Marks of weakness, marks of woe.

In every cry of every man,
In every infant's cry of fear,
In every voice, in every ban,
The mind-forged manacles I hear:

How the chimney-sweeper's cry
Every blackening church appals,
And the hapless soldier's sigh
Runs in blood down palace-walls.

But most, through midnight streets I hear
How the youthful harlot's curse
Blasts the new-born infant's tear,
And blights with plagues the marriage-hearse.

To each one his own interpretation of the above. London was a myth, a mystery. I am not sure but I lived London. One year of it.



The rain, The snow, The grey clouds.

Each step, each sight
Overwhelming tales of time,
I walk a child with wonder in eye
That child be me for all my life.

All stone, all dark cloud
Fascinating the entire rain,
I walk each time to feel the warm chill
That chill, the frozen cold broken, be me.

The wind, the cold metal
London, you walked me through
Tales in my head...

I mused and to end I must halt,
I stared through your skies
And bid adieu to musing of you, with you.

As melancholy lays and be me,
I bid you with a fond hug.
This be a double adieu.

My silence for you!!!

This is the end of London musing and Desi. this should have finished on 12th sept but I didnt. No harm done though. this is as good as any time

But didnt a great man say at end we begin again. So forget your brains at home my friends. Because this would no longer be known as the DESI and this address would no longer be the same.

Change is a near good thing. Yeah right! Stuff it whoever said that. If Hutch can be Vodafone and still use the pug well then I suppose DESI RERUNS and desimusing20-19 wouldnt be a bad campaign either.

Its a good thing that I wasnt imprisoned on account of cooking, which can be compared with the destruction nukes can cause but I am glad to have escaped like Monte Cristo. But I rather need a panache to be able to carry of the return with as much finesse.

HEY! I JUST RHYMED... THIS IS TO REMIND ANYONE WHO WILL HAVE THE TIME OF THE DAY THAT THE NONSENSE RETURNS AT A DIFFERENT ADDRESS WITH A DIFFERENT NAME so sit back and roll over cause the age of sense has had its day and the bedazzling age of the ever popular uncouth slothish extremely buxom sinfully naked nonsense returns ...

Namaste no more... This is the disappearance of Londonmusing... PUCHIEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!


6 comments:

Me Thinks.. said...

I love the William Blake poem...Its one of my favourites, esp. the chimney sweeper part, he says so much without actually saying it..!

That was London for him, this is london for you...I like the way U have written it though..'I walk each time to feel the warm chill' is THE line of the poem...

Welcome Back!

PS I am more happy than surprised!

Keep writing...I am a poetry deprived soul...

H said...

welcome back Pricky. look forward to further Desimusings.

Pavitra said...

BRILLIANT!
That was literature with flair and flourish!!!
Can't wait for more...

D said...

So..where is the next stop?

Anu said...

Fcuk Blake !!! :-) i love that place London and I want to really go back!!! I see ure happy to be back.. I cant seem to get myself to write! one month!!! I havent written that is the extent London has affected me :)

~P~ said...

man i wish could write like the way you do....so simply u just express your thoughts in d best possible ways...I m so glad desi still survives...it's a wonderful gift!! bloody i think i ll hv to out in sm life to my wonder world as well!!