Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Almost a nasheri!!!


So I went and parked Bajaj right in the middle of the road. Now I just didnt do so cause I had lost my mind but this is where the parking is supposed to be done. I get a parking ticket and take of my helmet in a filmy ishtyle and shake my head and hope that I would seem like one filmy hottie I just get poked by my hair in my eye and some in my nose which makes me sneeze. Rather nosily. I am sure some thng flew out in the face of another guy who was whizzing past me at just that opportune moment. I think it was gods way of providing him with natural moisture to his face...
I come back to retrieve my Scooter and I take out a tenner to pay for the parking.
He, the pot bellied, tikka sporting parking attendant, looks at me from top to bottom. I squirm but act as if it doesnt puzzle me after all i stand a couple of feet above him and I really hadnt done anything to worry na...
He: dus ka nahi chalega. teen rupey do. Khole do.
Me: (with an amused actually relieved grin) Nahin hai.
He: mein kya karoon phir?
Me:( in an aside) Chai pilaon kya? Choota karao, aur kya?
He: Kay saab!
'Saab'
He had saab. Yes, now I can be all superior and arrogant.
I wish I had said nahin chahiye kya but with the same amused grin. I offered him the dus rupey ka note.
He: Wait karni padegi.
I just shoved my hands in pocket (my pockets of course!!!) and stood around being a cool guy. I remembered not to shake my head again.
He abuses some guys mother and another’s sister and expresses what he would do to his daughter and wife to another and cribs about lack of change to a ten rupee note.
He comes purposefully towards me and gives me a dilapidated five rupee note. I look at him and accept it. He saw my look and turned apologetic.
HE: Kya karoon saab, choota aisa hi milta hai. Agli bar yehin de dena mujhe hum chalalenge is ko.
Me: yaad rakhoge kya?
He: aapko kaise bhool sakta hoon?
Kyun mere saar pe seeng hai kya? I wanted to say but desisted I was scared he would say nahin jungle hai.
I stand around not doing much but standing around.
He walks back his hands full of gutka packets. In a rather awkward position of hands he puts in my hand a one rupee coin and one sachet of gutka.
I waited for an instant thinking he would pick up the gutka. I looked at him. He returned my gaze.
Me: yeh kya hai?
HE: Saab sabse badiya gutka.
Me: To mein kya karoon iska?
He: Ab saab paisa nahin hai to yeh dono rakh lo.
Me: Arre par mein to gutka nahin khata
He: to shoro kar lo saab. Acha hai yeh. Bidi se acha hai.
Me: Arre mein bidi nahin pita.
He: Yeh cigerrate se bhi accha hai
Me: Arre! Mujhe nahin chahiye yeh gutka
He: Saab kaunsa brand khate ho? Wahi laa deta hoon.
What is with this guy. I am sure he was employed by one or all of the PR companies of the gutka makers.
Me: Dekho. Mein nahin daroo, bidi, cigerrate or gutka kuch nahin letta. Mujhe bache hue paise do.
(aside) arre meri shakal pe likha hai kya ki mein full on nasheri hoon???
He: kya saab. Aisa kya karte ho. Hum kya borre hai?
Me: Nahin tum to bahut acche ho main hi burra hoon.
He: Saab actually paise hain nahin agli bar le lena. Mein aapko hamesha yaad rakhunga.
I cant even convert how much two rupees would be in pennies and I took my scooter and with an exagerrated throttle I made myself scarce...
Aur kya karta?

6 comments:

Me Thinks.. said...

gutka khaata! vo aadmi khush ho jaata...u could have atleast asked his name na, he was being so nice saying nice things like how he cant forget you!!

Haha..the jungle part is damn funny though ;)

Pavitra said...

Bery phunneeeeeee!
I laughed till I cried at the sar pe jungle hai part!!! har har
Yaad rakhunga it seems...bloody next time you come...he's gonna hide behind some gutke ka dukaan! You may not be able to convert the 2 Rs into pennies...but for him its 2 gutka ke pckts!! ;)
I still didn't get why u parked in the middle of the road??? Yeh kyonsa style hai??

~P~ said...

man poor guy..u broke his heart...didnt hv his gutka...u shud hv...lol...n i m sure next time u go he will recognize u...aajkal gutka, paan, bidi, cigrette na peene waale ladke milte hi kahan hain?? lol....hilarious...man u r so bak home...i wish i ws home after reading all thtis....lol

D said...

nice read.

Amandeep Singh said...

ROftl man...
What brand it was btw>
lol

Citizen Earth said...

soo much funnyy!!
btw i didnt know nasheri was a word, even!!