Friday, June 29, 2007

Sometimes words dry up!!!



Its nine pm and the the sun rays are just bouncing of the roofs in a final showdown of a day which seems everlasting. Summers have days which make up for the lack of them in winters. I guess there is a said or unsaid deal between summers and winters. Summers will take care days and winters will take care of nights.
I love summers and sunny days make me think differently and ponder unusually.
I am not romantic this is different form being a 'romantic' and well I have no skill whatsoever in the way of getting things to seem like poetry but every now and then it happens.
And I usually would never ever let it see the light of the day but this is about words and I have a serious affection for them. This it is the result of a muse.
The background is that i walked back form a very boring day at this internship and I have done my share of nothings through the day and wasted another ones of gods beautiful masterpiece - TIME- this creation in its various forms adds up to a day. So in short I wasted another one but this day i actually witnessed the untampered beauty and well unconsciously acknowledged it to my muse... the play list at that time with no act of mine on my roommates PC was playing the following:

Get this widget | Share | Track details

This is without intentions of any offence to all the phenomenal poets I read and with every apology I can gather if the poets who are legends turn in their graves. I blame my muse and the beautiful sunlit extra long day. One of nature's supermarkets special offers.

Words dry up sometimes

The final rays of sunlight touch the roof

And you wonder when the moon will kiss the roof

Its is midnight after all

Words do dry up

The void of the drought

Where do I search for the words which are now lost

The desert heat would be pleasant

The storm of the sea cozy

But the thirst parches

As the words dry up

And when the words dry up

The revival of every word is utterly obnoxious

Words dry as i think of you

Words leave me

As I wonder

Words orphan me as you spare a thought for me

Words ignore me as I see you walk

Words kiss you as does the last rays of sunlight

Moon greeds after you but words leave me never to return

As your lips move my words bid me adieu

A million needs to express

And words dry up when i see you

Words thy slave, leave me at the .sight of thou

A plunging fear of vacuum

As my words are wordless

They are meaningless to you

As words dry sometimes

Blood freezes in a sneeze as my words dry in a steam

The disdain of your stare takes my courage and leave my words dry

Words no longer recognize me

My clairvoyance lost at the glance from you.

Once more please forgive me. I have already blamed and you can take your wrath on the blamed.

18 comments:

~P~ said...

beautiful!!! well sometimes words do dry up, mostly when u know that they would at a particular time, they definitely leave you at the hands of circumstances...

Pavitra said...

Now I know why...
I always had the idea...
But I was never sure.
But, know I know why...you don't write poetry...you're trying to spare us having a major inferiority complex aren't you?

:) Too late pRicky...am already in awe.

Sublime and beautiful. But I can't think of a time when you'd run out of the right words...

This must be some muse!

Anand Sarolkar said...

Good use of words to describe the situation where words dry up.

H said...

Happy Happy Happy blog birthday Pricky boy. which is also a celebration of 'meeting' you. :-)

Now, about this post... :-D I am CURIOUS [ie very very curious] to know who inspired this poem!

pray tell us, she must be a fine muse [as prude said, but obviously I'm not polite like her, so I'm asking.]

;-)

Anu said...

I am glad that IT happened and by it I mean the courage tat u got to post ure poem. I loved ure reply, the one to mine, which u dint post or u did!! :-)
words dry up, go missing and bid you farewell when you see ure muse! Spellbound!! I love the poem... keep writing... :)

Bhavna said...

as always, pRicky...

as always

Belated Happy Birthday!!

Anonymous said...

man and the blasphemy shd continue..this is wonderful n u shd b doing more of this..
i didn't knw tis side of urs...somehow i do used to feel that u have this in u..n now u show it with such a brilliance..

i jst wanna stand back n do a salute :)

Phoenix said...

hey, it's a good one..maybe one cd sing it or smthng...
Lucky she (if there isnt any, better find one...or it's such a waste! :P)
Waise words are my fav topic too...i've written a few poems on it...n love one of them.

AVIANA said...

you are a romantic pricky!!!!

i love it! do more of these! share the product of your muse's influence on you even more! :)

Blue said...

words dry up huh? i dont know if i'm right or not...but words are not always necessary to express certain experiences.. sometimes the simple things in life are really beautiful and lets not bind them by just 'words'...

angelofdusk said...

Pricky?? verse???
man i didnt know that!
Good one issay
And i did call you on your bday 10 am my time :)

Me Thinks.. said...

and someone far away from your not-so-desi-land kept yelling day in and day out to put your words on your post....


only for this...

Finally...iam glad..better late than never

'words orphan me as u spare a thought for me'

Need anyone say more?

AVIANA said...

where are you????????? hmm....

Amandeep Singh said...

This is real good stuff man..
btw may i ask where u gat this pic from..the bicyle one?

Ree said...

Its only words, and words are all u have...birthday wishes cancerian friend

Anonymous said...

Very nicley done, but next time don't already assume we won't like it and aplologzie. Let the "readers" do that and IN CASE we decied it is worse than Tess by Hardy, then you can write a personliazed note to each one of us for the trauma you have inflicted by showcasing your poetry. Till then, just bask in your found glory!!!
Cheers
Almost M.A in English! :)

Anonymous said...

wher's the pic from? did u take it?

AVIANA said...

where have you been?